Hello Teacher Friends!
We are SO GLAD you stopped by, yet we’re curious as to what brought you here. Let us take a guess:
- You want to increase student engagement in your classroom.
- You want to increase academic rigor in your classroom (not by making things harder, but by encouraging students to think at a deeper level).
- Your heart’s desire is to take one moment to breathe and soak it all in as you glance across your classroom and see your students busily engaged in work that is meaningful and engaging to them.
If you can relate to one or more of the above, you are in the right place!
Our mission is to help you incorporate joyful engagement and rigor into your primary grade classroom.
This is no easy task. We get it. And we are here to help you achieve that goal every step of the way.
Let us introduce ourselves. We are Cindy and Becky of Primary Bliss Teaching.
Welcome to our Blog!
Our passion is to help you implement purposeful, highly engaging lessons, ideas, and activities into your classroom each and every day.
We believe teaching is about SO MUCH MORE than a print-and-go worksheet.
It’s about igniting our students’ desire to learn. Drawing them in and engaging them so they WANT to learn. So, they take ownership of their learning.
This type of teaching is not for the weak. We get that. That’s why we are here to help you in any way that we can.
We are passionate about creating rigorous lessons that will have your students thoroughly engaged from beginning to end.
We also LOVE sharing any helpful tips and ideas we have experimented with and found to increase student engagement and rigor.
A Little Background on Becky and Cindy:
Becky has a master’s degree in elementary reading and math. She has been teaching first grade for 25 years and LOVES it!
Cindy has a master’s degree in elementary reading and is a National Board Certified Teacher. She has taught kindergarten, first grade, second grade, and third grade. She currently teaches first grade and LOVES it as well.
Both Becky and Cindy have been developing curriculum since their first years as teachers due to “holes” in adopted curriculum combined with their love of creating lessons and activities that bring learning to life.
Primary Bliss Teaching was born out of a desire to help fellow teachers engage their students in quality learning experiences while saving precious time.
We are here to help YOU on this teaching journey (after all, it’s no fun to go on this journey alone).
Are you ready to increase rigor and student engagement in your primary grade classroom and get ROCKSTAR results? If so, click here to read our blog articles.
Or click here to check out our highly rigorous and engaging lessons and units. They are thoroughly planned out and ready for you to grab and rock your next lesson or unit!
We also have a store on Teachers pay Teachers. Click here to explore.
Fun Facts about Cindy:
- She got her first pedicure at the age of 35 (I know….What???).
- Her favorite drink is lime sparkling water.
- She LOVES the water! Lakes, oceans, rivers….doesn’t matter… Being by the water gives her a sense of calmness she cannot explain.
- She has the BEST daughters EVER! They make her laugh; and laughter is the best medicine!
- She likes to be outside as much as possible (mountain biking easy trails, camping near rivers, boating in the lake that’s in her backyard, stand up paddling, kayaking, and snow skiing….if she’s outside, her soul is ignited).
- She LOVES DIY projects. Pinterest is her friend! With her husband’s help, she enjoys remodeling projects as well as making crafty creations.
- Music makes her heart happy! All kinds of music (well….except for screamo music…that hurts her head).
Fun Facts about Becky:
- She got her first dog at the age of 50 (probably preparing herself to become an empty-nester).
- She has two oh-so-adorable grandchildren that she ADORES!
- Give her a four-wheeler and she will be happy for hours!
- If a box of chocolates is in arm’s reach, she can’t stop eating them. (Now that’s one serious sweet tooth!)
- She LOVES beginning the day on her patio. It’s a time she slows down to appreciate and enjoy what the Lord has created. Nature soothes her.
- She ventures out when she can to ski down “not too risky” mountain slopes, bike to breakfast, go boating on the lake and, of course, do a little shopping.
Thank you for stopping by. We truly hope you are feeling energized, happy, and an overall sense of wellness.