NUMBER TALKS made EASY!
This common core aligned kindergarten number talks resource is a must have for any teacher wanting high student interaction, mathematical discourse, and engagement during math time.
Best of all, we have done all the work for you. This makes implementing number talks into your daily math lesson easy peasy!
If you are able to utilize the digital portion of this program, just display a number talk slide and let the conversations begin.
If you will be using the printable version, print the program out, display a number talk under your document camera and get your students thinking and talking.
For those of you unsure about how to do number talks and would like daily lesson plans, we have written out a lesson plan for each day of the year, making number talks as non-intimidating as possible.
This YEARLONG Number Talks Program includes 180 days of number talk lessons (many lessons contain more than one number talk slide/page) that are specifically designed for kindergarten and guaranteed to keep your students highly engaged in mathematical discourse.
We have thoughtfully created a variety of activities to keep your students interested and engaged throughout the year. This resource contains 390 number talks slides/pages and 30 different number talk activity types.
This program is organized into nine 20 day units that are based on the Common Core Standards. Each unit addresses different standards and gets progressively more challenging as students develop their mathematical skills.
Additionally, the activities change from month to month so that students remain highly engaged.
HERE’S WHAT TEACHERS ARE SAYING!
• We use these every day and my kindergarten students’ number sense has improved dramatically. They are using many of the skills that they have learned during number talks in other aspects of the classroom (recognizing groups of numbers in different contexts).
• I love, love, love this resource! It has made it so easy to incorporate number talks into my classroom daily! The students also love the activities and are completely engaged! ~Megan
• I could not love this more. I use it every day. It makes number talks a breeze in the classroom. ~Gail
• This is fantastic! This has saved me hours of digging through a bundle of resources trying to come up with number talks. Thank you so much! ~Stephanie
• These are amazing!! Number talks are tricky for kindergarten and you hit it out of the park with this product! ~Kayleigh
Number Talks will get your kindergartners engaged in mathematical conversations that will increase their ability to reason mathematically as well as develop their number sense and computational fluency.
A few years ago we were asked to implement number talks in our daily math instruction. After engaging our students in a few of these activities, we were hooked. Our challenge then became to create a variety of problem types in order to keep students engaged and excited about number talks. And that is when this number talk program was born.
THIS RESOURCE IS HELPFUL FOR:
-Busy Kindergarten Teachers
-Special Education Teachers
-Whole Group Math Instruction
-Small Group Math Instruction
How long do number talks take?
It is best if Number Talks are done daily for between 5 and 15 minutes.
Can these number talks be displayed on an interactive whiteboard?
We have added a fully digital version of our number talks using PowerPoint for your convenience! Just display and go! Number talks made easy!
Do I have to print out number talk materials for each student each day?
NO! This is a whole group activity. Just display the number talk for everyone to see.
Do I need to teach the units in order?
We suggest you teach the number talks in order because they spiral and increase in difficulty.
Where are the daily lesson plans?
Daily lesson plans are in the printable version section. These are GREAT for teachers new to number talks as well as for substitute teachers.
Wishing you joyful engagement in your primary classroom!